Junior Frontend Developer (f/m/d)
We are OSK Berlin, a Berlin-based digital agency founded in 2007 and part of Oliver Schrott Kommunikation (OSK) since 2014. Currently we are about 25 employees focusing on Digital PR, Live Communication, Branding, Experience & Interface Design as well as Product Development. We work with clients from different sectors and global brands like Mercedes-Benz, ZF Friedrichshafen, HARMAN, as well as local companies, tech startups and many more.
Our development team currently consists of ten people 👋 and we are now looking for a new Junior Frontend Developer to join us in bringing current and future projects forward in terms of good development.
Most important qualities for this position
- Promote innovation and teamwork within our development department and your project teams
- Adapt to different ways of working and bring in new ways of doing things
- Be up to date with modern development technologies, try new steps and pass on your knowledge
- Be clear about expectations, values and quality of your work
- Decide on development deliverables as an expert in collaboration with your team
- Experiment with workflows, processes and tools with the project teams in mind
- Be organized and structured
- Communicate your work clearly and understandably
- Assist in other project teams or across the agency as needed
- Show your gained experience in projects in our agency meetings
- Development and implementation of innovative ideas
- Component-based planning with our design and development team
- Single-Page Application (SPA) development
- Implementation of reusable frontend components
- Contribute to the improvement of our overall frontend infrastructure
- Good knowledge and experience with HTML/CSS/JS and dynamic templates
- Experience with responsive web design
- Some experience with JS libraries/frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Vue)
- Experience and knowledge of CSS methodologies (e.g. BEM) and CSS pre-processors (e.g. SCSS, LESS)
- First experiences with UI & UX terminologies
- First experiences with concepters & designers
- Experience with implementing templates/themes into content management systems (e.g. Drupal, WordPress)
- Interest in semantics, accessibility, layouts, and style guides
- Experience with cross-browser/platform/device testing
- Experience with git flow and version control
- Optional: prior experience with PHP and/or another backend language
- Optional: First experiences with Sketch, Zeplin or another similar design application
- Eagerness to learn new technologies
- Good German language proficiency and/or highly proficient spoken and written English
- Be an important part of our agency
- Responsibility from day one, fast decision paths and flat hierarchies
- Develop yourself with us
- Constant involvement with your ideas
- Work with and for exciting brands
- Be part of our internal formats
- Work in the heart of Berlin in our office on Unter den Linden / Friedrichstraße
- A modern working environment
- An intercultural team with a wide breadth of expertise, many different characters and funny stories
Creation, development, project management or strategy – we work hand-in-hand and speak the same language. Because working together is how we produce the best solutions.
Since we are passionate about our work, we are committed to the development of a dynamic environment that nurtures creativity and technology. Every team member is essential to the success of OSK Berlin. That’s what makes us so successful.
At OSK Berlin, we see ourselves as “creative technologists”. Based in Berlin-Mitte, we develop innovative solutions, create, design and implement content-rich, interactive journeys and experiences for people, companies and brands. We are part of OSK. With more than 250 experts in Germany, the USA and China, we are a successful agency network with global reach .
We value diversity and welcome all applications – regardless of gender identity, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Then send us a message telling us a bit about yourself and your motivation to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.