Senior Backend Developer (f/m/d)
We are OSK Berlin, a Berlin-based digital agency founded in 2007 and part of Oliver Schrott Kommunikation (OSK) since 2014. Currently we are about 25 employees focusing on Digital PR, Live Communication, Branding, Experience & Interface Design as well as Product Development. We work with clients from different sectors and global brands like Mercedes-Benz, ZF Friedrichshafen, HARMAN, as well as local companies, tech startups and many more.
Our development team currently consists of ten people 👋 and we are now looking for a new Senior Frontend Developer to join us in bringing current and future projects forward in terms of good development.
Most important qualities for this position
- Promote innovation and teamwork within our development department and your project teams
- Adapt to different ways of working and bring in new ways of doing things
- Be up to date with modern development technologies, try new steps and pass on your knowledge
- Be clear about expectations, values and quality of your work
- Decide on development deliverables as an expert in collaboration with your team
- Experiment with workflows, processes and tools with the project teams in mind
- Be organized and structured
- Communicate your work clearly and understandably
- Assist in other project teams or across the agency as needed
- Show your gained experience in projects in our agency meetings
- Development of content platforms
- Creation of backend versions and releases
- Organization of the backend architecture
- Planning and realization of DevOps processes
- Planning of system architecture together with the system engineers
- Coordination of developments with designers and frontend developers
- Implementation of reusable and solid backend modules
- Identification and elimination of performance and maintenance problems
- Proactive brainstorming to improve our backend infrastructure
- Advanced experience in backend application development in PHP, ideally in the Symfony environment.
- Sound and demonstrable knowledge of Drupal 8 desirable
- Clean and efficient programming style, keen sense of elegant software architecture
- Experience with data migration
- Safe handling of design patterns
- Knowledge in the application of common development methods and tools
- Strong interpersonal skills in team communication, documentation, version control
- Good knowledge of German and English (both written and verbal)
- Be an important part of our development team
- Develop yourself with us – how we approach projects, conduct workshops, design interfaces and work together with our developers
- Constant involvement with your ideas
- Work with and for exciting brands
- Be part of our internal formats
- Work in the heart of Berlin in our office on Unter den Linden / Friedrichstraße
- A modern work environment
- An intercultural team with a wide breadth of expertise, many different characters and funny stories
- Flat hierarchies
Creation, development, project management or strategy – we work hand-in-hand and speak the same language. Because working together is how we produce the best solutions.
Since we are passionate about our work, we are committed to the development of a dynamic environment that nurtures creativity and technology. Every team member is essential to the success of OSK Berlin. That’s what makes us so successful.
At OSK Berlin, we see ourselves as “creative technologists”. Based in Berlin-Mitte, we develop innovative solutions, create, design and implement content-rich, interactive journeys and experiences for people, companies and brands. We are part of OSK. With more than 250 experts in Germany, the USA and China, we are a successful agency network with global reach .
We value diversity and welcome all applications – regardless of gender identity, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Then send us a message telling us a bit about yourself and your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.